THE ZILLERGRUND ****SSports & Active
Cycling and mountain biking
Alpine bike holidays
Biking is a particularly good – if sometimes strenuous – way to experience the Zillertal’s unique mountain scenery! As Austria’s best BIKE REGION as voted by Bike Magazine in August 2012, it is a cycling paradise with over 800 km of marked mountain bike and cycling routes of all levels. The 30-km long Zillertal cycle way which runs in a leisurely manner through the valley, is ideal for families while the Zillertal High Alpine Route and the Gerlos Pass are suited to all racing cyclists.
Mountain bikers will be delighted with the range of challenging single trails and routes:
- 214 km blue routes
- 274 km red routes
- 336 km black routes
- 3 single trails and
- 28,185 metres of ascent!
You can take your mountain bike on eight of the 11 Zillertal lifts that run in summer. The Zillertal railway also offers free transport for bikes.
We will be pleased to help ensure your biking holiday is a success!
Zillergrund Bike-Service | ALL INCLUSIVE
- Hire of GPS equipment (extra charge)
- Rental of mountain bikes free, rental of E-bikes for a charge
- Loan of bike helmets
- Loan of locks to help prevent theft
- Vital biker energy packet: muesli bar, fruit, energy drink in bike bottle (extra charge)
- Detailed information and tour maps with height proﬁles, distances, difficulty, etc.
- Guided bike tours to the finest spots in our Nature Park
Hotel Service Point
- Washing facilities for bikes, bike stand and tool kit, air compressor
- Latest bike magazines for browsing
- Drying room for clothes & shoes
- Lockable bike room for your own bicycle
Mountain bike hire | FREE
- Would you like to try out biking in our Nature Park? We offer free rental of hardtail mountain bikes (subject to availability).
- Top cycling and mountain bike rental (subject to availability).
- With our partner, Bicycle Holidays Hürzeler, we can offer top cycles and mountain bikes for hire. Racing bikes, full-suspension bikes with Shimano clicks in your size or city bikes and bikes for kids, all fully maintained.
- An E-bike is the perfect choice for those who are perhaps not so fit but would still like to climb the mountains while on holiday at the Hotel Zillergrund.
- Introduction and technical training for e-bikes (free) every Monday at 10:00 a.m. (depending on weather) followed by a guided e-bike fun tour with Christian Pfister.
1 day from €25
1/2 day from €15